EU CONCERNED ABOUT TENSION ALONG LINE OF CONTACT
- EU is concerned about growing tension and number of losses along the line of contact, head of the EU delegation to Azerbaijan Roland Kobia told journalists
He expressed condolences to the families of the soldiers killed in the incidents.
"It confirms the importance of strengthening confidence-building measures offered by the European Union. It is important to take these measures to restore confidence between the people and achieve progress in the peaceful settlement of the conflict," APA agency quotes Kobia.
As Armenian News-NEWS.am reported earlier, the first days of June were marked by series of acts of sabotage by the Azerbaijani side.
An Azerbaijani diversion operation claimed the lives of three Armenian soldiers and wounded six others in the early morning hours on Monday near Bardavan and Chinari villages of Tavush Region.
On the night of June 5 a new act of sabotage was conducted in the same direction which was prevented by the Armenian side. Five Azerbaijani soldiers were killed. The Armenian side incurred no losses.
Another act of sabotage planned by Azerbaijan occurred on the night of June 6. As a result of the skirmish, the adversary suffered considerable losses. One Armenian soldier was killed, two others were injured.
- 1YEREVAN. - Armenia's former Premier and head of Knightsbridge group of companies Armen Sargsyan, together with the governor of Russia's Leningrad Oblast (Region), intends to invest US$1 billion in the ...
- 1STEPANAKERT. - The adversary's vanguard subdivisions continue to breach the ceasefire along the entire length of the of the contact line between the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic (NKR) and Azerbaijani opposing ...
- 1Turkish ambassador to Bulgaria said his country has never had and will never have territorial claims to Bulgaria and other neighbors, Focus agency reports. During a meeting with Bulgarian Foreign Minister ...
- 1769 The independence program for Armenia, as developed by Movses Sarafian, is shown to the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- 1860 The Governor of Marash, Khurshid Pasha lauches an attack against Zeitoon. He is routed.
- 1908 Death of Gevorg Dodokhyan (poet). He was born in 1830 in Gogenlo (Crimea, the Ukraine).
- 1939 The opening of the Armenian Pedagogical School Department in Tbilisi.
- 1954 Death of Arshak Chobanian, writer and literary critic. He was born in 1872.