NEW MINISTERS OF ARMENIA'S ORINATS YERKIR PARTY ARE KNOWN
- YEREVAN. - The names of three Orinats Yerkir Party members who are to receive ministerial posts in the framework of the coalition agreement with the ruling Republican Party of Armenia (RPA) are known.
Khachik Harutyunyan will be appointed as minister of Urban Development. Ministers of Agriculture and Emergency Situations Sergo Karapetyan and Armen Yeritsyan will maintain their posts, reliable sources of Armenian News-NEWS.am inform.
To note, during the Parliamentary elections of May 6 in Armenia, Orinats Yerkir Party received 5 percent of votes which means that the party got 5 mandates in the Parliament.
- 1837 Birth of novelist Perch Proshyan in Ashtarak. He died in 1907.
- 1845 The first trade fair in Armenia opened in Alexandropol. (Gyoomree).
- 1896 Start of the battle for the defense of Van. (Western Armenia).
- 1907 Coup d'etat in Russia by Stolipin.
- 1921 Trial in Berlin of Soghomon Tehlirian, the executor of Talaat (one of the organizers of the Armenian Genocide). Tehlirian is acquitted.
- 1933 The Armenian SSR creates the State Monuments Preservation Committee.