GERMAN PROFESSOR OPERATED ON EIGHT INJURED IN ARMENIA'S BALLOON BLAST
- YEREVAN. - German professor Adrien Daigler,who was invited to Armenia upon the instruction of President Serzh Sargsyan, has already operated on three patients injured in a balloon blast in Yerevan's Republic Square.
"One surgery is underway. The condition of patients who had undergone surgery is satisfactory," representative of Armenia's Health Ministry Shushan Hunanyan told Armenian News-NEWS.am.
The Health Minister's press secretary also informed that 33 from the 154 citizens, who were hospitalized as a result of the explosion, are still in the capital city's hospitals. There are no patients at reanimation wards.
As Armenian News-NEWS.am informed earlier, a tragedy occurred during the Republican Party of Armenia's rally and concert held at Yerevan's Republic Square on May 4. Hundreds of balloons filled with gas exploded and started to burn. Subsequently, the balloons' melted rubber fell on the event participants. Those near the stage were affected the most, and 154 people were injured
- 1805 The Khanate of Shakoo (Nookhee) is annexed to the Russian Empire.
- 1864 Founding of the "Armenian Humanitarian Association" in Baku.
- 1889 The Turkish political organization Union and Progress (formerly known as the "Ottoman Union Organization") was created. It's ethnocentric fanaticism led to the implementation the Armenian Genocide in the First World War.
- 1915 The Turkish government proclaims the law (consisting of three points) on the Armenians' penalties and deportations from military areas.
- 1917 Death of writer Mkrteetsh Atjemyan.
- 1920 The 11th Army enters Artsakh and moves towards Tartar-Martakert. Start of the tyranny over this Armenian land.
- 1920 The establishment of Soviet power in Dilijan.
- 1921 The Revolutionary Committee of the Armenian SSR is reorganized as the Council of People's Commissars, headed by Alexander Miasnikyan.
- 1967 Death of composer Barsegh Kanachyan. He was born in 1885.