ARMENIAN PEACEKEEPERS TO PARTICIPATE IN MILITARY TRAININGS IN MACEDONIA
- SKOPJE. - A peacekeeping brigade from Armenia's MOD consisting of 39 peacekeepers left for Skopje, Macedonia on Friday in order to participate in the Cooperative Longbow - Lancer 2012 exercises in the framework of the NATO Partnership for Peace Program.
The Cooperative Longbow is the exercise command phase, during which participants will gain skills in staff procedures and operations management and governance issues, starting from the reception of military command, its application in headquarters, and the distribution of tasks between units.
The field exercise phase is called Cooperative Lancer. During this phase of training peacekeepers will master patrolling, accompanying vehicles, maintaining control checkpoints and other skills.
The Armenian peacekeeping brigade will return to Armenia on May 30.
- 1843 Birth of Nerses the Fifth (Ashtaraketsi) who later became Catholicos of the Armenian Church. He died in 1857.
- 1886 The Tsarist edict making conscription compulsory in Transcaucasia as of 1887 06 02.
- 1897 Birth of Goorgen Janibekyan (actor). He died in 1978.
- 1920 First Armenian issue of the "Communist" daily published in Baku.
- 1992 A counterattack by Artsakhs armed forces retakes Lachin and reestablishes a land link with Armenia, thus ending Azerbaijans siege of Artsakh and Stalin's separation of Artsakh from Armenia.
- 2000 American Universitys Washington College of Law and the School of International Service hold a conference in Washington D.C. (USA) to discuss the Artsakh crisis.