COFFEE MAKES LIFE LONGER
- People who drink coffee regularly have less chance to die of heart illnesses, insults, trauma, accidents, diabetes and infections.
The U.S. researchers studied over 400,000 people at the age of 50-71 and found out that the more they drink coffee the less they have an opportunity to die of various illnesses, including heart illnesses, respiratory illnesses, insults, traumas, accidents, diabetes and infections, Zdorovo.ua reports.
Coffee drinkers also are healthier. As a matter of fact, it is not caffeine, but other ingredients in the coffee that have positive effect, as products with caffeine do not have the same effect as coffee.
- 1843 Birth of Nerses the Fifth (Ashtaraketsi) who later became Catholicos of the Armenian Church. He died in 1857.
- 1886 The Tsarist edict making conscription compulsory in Transcaucasia as of 1887 06 02.
- 1897 Birth of Goorgen Janibekyan (actor). He died in 1978.
- 1920 First Armenian issue of the "Communist" daily published in Baku.
- 1992 A counterattack by Artsakhs armed forces retakes Lachin and reestablishes a land link with Armenia, thus ending Azerbaijans siege of Artsakh and Stalin's separation of Artsakh from Armenia.
- 2000 American Universitys Washington College of Law and the School of International Service hold a conference in Washington D.C. (USA) to discuss the Artsakh crisis.