WHY SHOULD PAP CHAIRMAN DWELL ON WHETHER OR NOT ENTERING COALITION - ARMENIAN RULING PARTY OFFICIAL
- YEREVAN. - There are correlations, clarifications with all political parties except for the opposition bloc Armenian National Congress, ruling Republican Party of Armenia (RPA) Vice-Chairman Galust Sahakyan said during a press conference on Friday.
And to a news reporter's question as to whether Prosperous Armenia Party leader Gagik Tsarukyan has an option of not forming a coalition, Sahakyan responded: "The correct formula is this: a political force is either pro-government or opposition; it cannot be in the middle. The future destiny of the country, the state must be thought about. Why should Gagik Tsarukyan dwell on whether or not entering a coalition?"
Also, Galust Sahakyan recalled that the signed coalition memorandum is still in force for the RPA, and they have not yet heard otherwise from the other parties.
- 1843 Birth of Nerses the Fifth (Ashtaraketsi) who later became Catholicos of the Armenian Church. He died in 1857.
- 1886 The Tsarist edict making conscription compulsory in Transcaucasia as of 1887 06 02.
- 1897 Birth of Goorgen Janibekyan (actor). He died in 1978.
- 1920 First Armenian issue of the "Communist" daily published in Baku.
- 1992 A counterattack by Artsakhs armed forces retakes Lachin and reestablishes a land link with Armenia, thus ending Azerbaijans siege of Artsakh and Stalin's separation of Artsakh from Armenia.
- 2000 American Universitys Washington College of Law and the School of International Service hold a conference in Washington D.C. (USA) to discuss the Artsakh crisis.