ARMENIA'S MINISTER OF URBAN DEVELOPMENT HAS NO COMMENTS ON RENOUNCING PARLIAMENTARY MANDATE
- YEREVAN. - Minister of Urban Development of Armenia, Prosperous Armenia Party (PAP) member Vardan Vardanyan will explain his decision to reject an MP mandate in the near future, he told Armenian News-NEWS.am.
Asked whether his decision is conditioned by the demand of the PAP leader Gagik Tsarukyan who said that he had not secured the necessary number of votes during the recent parliamentary elections, Vardanyan said it is his personal decision.
The Minister promised to explain the reason of his rejection in a couple of days and confirmed that he will stay with the party. He also added that has no problems with the leader. In addition, Vardanyan said he had no idea whether he would remain in the office.
As regards Health Minister Harutyun Kushkyan, his spokesperson Shushan Hunanyan conformed for Armenian News-NEWS.am that he had renounced his National Assembly seat.
- 1STEPANAKERT. - Ceasefire Agreement in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict zone is one of the major achievements, spokesperson for the Karabakh President David Babayan told Armenian News-NEWS.am. To note, May ...
- 1815 The Lazaryan Academy is inaugurated in Moscow.
- 1847 Fort Orag beseiged by Beder Khan Bey.
- 1851 Zeytoon's princes write to the Catholicos at Echmiadsin to say that Sultan Abdul Megid called them to Constantinople to sign an agreement on taxes. The manifesto of Sultan Murad the Fourth was considered to be cancelled.
- 1921 Birth of Edward Mirzoyan (composer).
- 1956 Inauguration of the large Hrazdan bridge at Yerevan.
- 1963 Khoren the First was anointed Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia.
- 1994 Signature of the Agreement on a Cease-Fire signed by the Ministers of Defence of Armenia, Azerbaijan, and the commander of Artsakhs Armed Forces.
- 1994 The Ministers of Defense from Azerbaijan and Artsakh sign a cease-fire agreement.