ARMENIA'S STOCK EXCHANGE BREAKS NEW RECORD
- YEREVAN. - The US dollar's exchange rate continues to sharply increase in Armenia's financial market. Even though the dollar is gaining value throughout the world, in Armenia this is also a result of the national currency, the dram's (AMD) weakening after the country's May 6 parliamentary elections.
The dollar's average exchange rate against the dram comprised AMD 394.47/$1, at NASDAQ OMX Armenia stock exchange on Friday, and thus the rate exceeded AMD 394/$1 for the first time this year.
The total sales were $2.7 million.
The dollar is gaining value in Armenia's foreign currency market, too. The exchange offices buy it at a maximum of AMD 393.5/$1 and sell it at a minimum of AMD 395/$1.
- 330 Emperor Constantine the First moves his capital from Rome to Byzantium, which was renamed Constantinople in his honor.
- 1895 Sultan Abdul Hamid the Second proclaims the reforms for Western Armenia. He signed them, under pressure, on 1895 10 18. In any case, they were never implemented.
- 1917 The Caucasian Assembly of Armenian teachers first meets in Tbilissi (Georgia).
- 1918 Start of the Batoom Conference between Turkish and Armenian government representatives. The Armenian side was represented by A. Khateessyan, H. Qatjaznoonee, and S. Vratsian.