ARMENIA'S REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS HAVE REDUCED
- YEREVAN. - The real estate alienation transactions in Armenia fell by 20.1 percent in February 2012 as compared with January 2012, and by 14.8 percent as compared with February 2011, the State Committee of Real Estate Cadastre informs.
According to this Government agency, 78.2 percent of these dealings was sale and purchase, 21.1 percent was donation, and 0.7 percent was swap of realty.
The real estate prices have dropped, too.
The average price for one square meter of multi-residential building apartments in Armenia's capital Yerevan comprised AMD 250,100 (approx. US$ 635) as compared with AMD 260,000 (approx. $660) of the year past.
- 330 Emperor Constantine the First moves his capital from Rome to Byzantium, which was renamed Constantinople in his honor.
- 1895 Sultan Abdul Hamid the Second proclaims the reforms for Western Armenia. He signed them, under pressure, on 1895 10 18. In any case, they were never implemented.
- 1917 The Caucasian Assembly of Armenian teachers first meets in Tbilissi (Georgia).
- 1918 Start of the Batoom Conference between Turkish and Armenian government representatives. The Armenian side was represented by A. Khateessyan, H. Qatjaznoonee, and S. Vratsian.