THERE ARE NO CHANGES AFTER RECALCULATION IN ELECTION DISTRICT 12
- YEREVAN. - The recalculation in election district number 12 is over and the results did not change much. The leader continues to be Prosperous Armenia Party candidate Lyova Khachatryan, the secretary of number 12 election district's electoral commission Norik Yeranyan told Armenian News-NEWS.am.
We present the results of the given election district after the calculation and recalculation.
Bakhshyan Anahit (Heritage) 5,382 votes, -3 after recalculation
Gevorgyan Karlen (Armenian Revolutionary Federation) 1,863 votes, +2 after recalculation
Khachatryan Lyova (Prosperous Party of Armenia) 14,923 votes, - 37 + 300 after calculation
Masumyan Robert (Orinats Yerkir) 13,779 votes, -2 after calculation
Veziryan Gohar (no party) 932 votes, -1 after recalculation
Ter-Petrosyan Tigran (Armenian National Congress) 2,968 votes, no changes after recalculation
Armenia's Central Electoral Commission has issued the preliminary results of parliamentary elections. Five parties and one political bloc will be represented in the 131-seat National Assembly (Parliament) of Armenia: Republican Party of Armenia - 44.05% (663,066 votes), Prosperous Armenia Party - 30.20% (454,684 votes), Armenian National Congress - 7.10% (106,910 votes), Heritage Party - 5.79% (87,095 votes), ARF Dashnaktsutyun Party - 5.73% (86, 296 votes), Orinats Yerkir Party - 5.49% (82,690 votes).
- 1804 Mamed Khan of Yerevan, knowing of the Russian force's progress, orders the migration (for the duration of the war) of about 20000 Armenians from the Khanate of Yerevan to Ghars.
- 1810 Birth of Gabriel Aivazovski in Feodosia (Ukraine). He died in 1880 in Tbilissi (Georgia).
- 1838 Birth of Viscount James Bryce (statesman). He served under Prime Minister William Gladstone. He was a founder of the League of Nations. He wrote on jurisprudence and political science. He vociferously condemned the Armenian Genocide by the Turkish government. He died in 1922.
- 1848 The Lazaryan College (Moscow) becomes the Institute of Western Languages.
- 1855 The Sultan orders, for the first time, the draft for the Christians in Turkey. The order was ineffective.
- 1920 Armenia's Revolutionary Military Committee in Alexandropol and proclaims the establishment of Soviet power in Armenia.
- 1923 Birth of Heydar Aliev, First Secretary of the Communist Party in Azerbaijan, Head of the Azeri Turk subdivision of the Soviet KGB, Member of the USSR Politbureau, and Head of Atheistic Propaganda under the Soviet regime. Committed Genocide against the Armenians of Nakhitshevan and Artsakh. Took over the presidency of Azerbaijan in 1993.
- 1941 The Ten-day Festival of Armenian Literature starts in Moscow (Russia).
- 1943 Garegeen the First (Hovsepyants) is anointed Catholicos of Cilicia in Antilias' Cathedral.