NEW RULING COALITION MATTER IS BEING DISCUSSED - ARMENIAN PM
- YEREVAN. - Armenia's Cabinet representatives, led by PM Tigran Sargsyan, and National Assembly (NA) MPs, led by NA Speaker Samvel Nikoyan, visited capital Yerevan's Victory Park, to pay their respects to those Armenians who lost their lives during World War II, Armenian News-NEWS.am's correspondent reported from on location.
Afterward, they attended an outdoor dinner with the War veterans.
While responding to several questions posed by the journalists, Tigran Sargsyan also reflected on the chances of forming a coalition at the new Parliament, and noted that this matter is currently being discussed.
And commenting on the Republican Party of Armenia's parliamentary election slogan: "Let us believe to change!", Sargsyan said: "The changes will be enough to improve the people's situation, so that the people would feel these changes with their skin."
- 1847 Summit Meeting of the representatives of the Transcaucasian Armenian community.
- 1847 With the participation of the gentry and commoners, the National, Ecclesiastic, and Supreme Council is created in Constantinople. It is the first step towards the creation of the "Constitution".
- 1859 A Committee, consisting of 5 clergymen and 14 laymen, is struck in Constantinople to write the "Constitution". The Chariman was Rusinian.
- 1945 End of World War Two (known as the "Great Patriotic War" in the USSR).
- 1964 Death of Vahan Totomyants, professor and public figure.
- 1992 Shooshee (Artsakh) is liberated after 71 years of occupation by Azeri Turks.
- 1994 Protocol negotiated in the Artsakh War and signed in Bishkek (Kirgizstan) by the parliamentary speakers of Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Artsakh as mediated by Presidents Boris Yeltsin of Russia and Nursultan Nazarbayev of Kazakhstan. This was the first recognition of Artsakhs distinctiveness as a political and territorial entity in the negotiations. Azerbaijan occupied 750 sq. km. (15%) of Artsakhs territory, while Artsakh occupied 7059 sq. km. (8%) of territory considered to have traditionally been possessed by Azerbaijan.