MILITARY PARADE KICKS OFF IN STEPANAKERT
- The military parade, which is devoted to 20th anniversaries of the formation of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic (NKR) Defense Army and liberation of the City of Shushi, are underway Wednesday at NKR capital Stepanakert.
Armenia's President Serzh Sargsyan, NKR President Bako Sahakyan, and military agency representatives are following the military parade.
Numerous Stepanakert residents and the capital city's guests are also on hand.
In addition, NKR President will hold a reception, an exhibition on NKR Defense Army's formation will open, and other events will be held in a variety of state agencies.
- 1847 Summit Meeting of the representatives of the Transcaucasian Armenian community.
- 1847 With the participation of the gentry and commoners, the National, Ecclesiastic, and Supreme Council is created in Constantinople. It is the first step towards the creation of the "Constitution".
- 1859 A Committee, consisting of 5 clergymen and 14 laymen, is struck in Constantinople to write the "Constitution". The Chariman was Rusinian.
- 1945 End of World War Two (known as the "Great Patriotic War" in the USSR).
- 1964 Death of Vahan Totomyants, professor and public figure.
- 1992 Shooshee (Artsakh) is liberated after 71 years of occupation by Azeri Turks.
- 1994 Protocol negotiated in the Artsakh War and signed in Bishkek (Kirgizstan) by the parliamentary speakers of Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Artsakh as mediated by Presidents Boris Yeltsin of Russia and Nursultan Nazarbayev of Kazakhstan. This was the first recognition of Artsakhs distinctiveness as a political and territorial entity in the negotiations. Azerbaijan occupied 750 sq. km. (15%) of Artsakhs territory, while Artsakh occupied 7059 sq. km. (8%) of territory considered to have traditionally been possessed by Azerbaijan.