IT IS NECESSARY TO CONTINUE SEARCHING PEACEFUL SETTLEMENT FOR KARABAKH CONFLICT - US ENVOY
- YEREVAN. - The only way of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement is through peace, US Ambassador to Armenia John Heffern told Armenian News-NEWS.am stressing that the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs has stated it for many times.
"We condemn the ceasefire violation regime in the line of the contact and the rhetoric of some leaders. As the OSCE MG Co-Chairs' statement reads, it is necessary to maintain the ceasefire regime, militant rhetoric is inadmissible, it is necessary as well to control the weaponry purchase and continue to look for ways of settling the conflict through peace," the American envoy stated.
To note, the Azerbaijani Armed Forces have violated the ceasefire regime for over 4,600 times this year.
- 1881 Khatshatoor Kerektsyan creates the "Protector of the Fatherland" organization in Karin (Western Armenia).
- 1905 Birth of Vardan Achemyan (theater director). He died in 1977.
- 1957 Death of academician and armenologist Greegor Ghapantsyan.
- 1997 Lebanon's Assembly adopts a declaration to the effect that every April 24 will be a day of solidarity with the Armenian people to commemorate the Armenian Genocide.
- 1998 Ceremonial transfer of the remains of Serob Aghbyur's spouse and the national hero Sosseh Mayrik (Sosseh Vardanyan) from Alexandria (Egypt) to Armenia.