ARMENIA'S INFLATION RATE CONTINUES TO DROP
- YEREVAN. - The inflation rate was 1.9 percent in April 2012, as compared with March 2011, in Armenia, the National Statistical Service informs. And the price reduction was 0.6 percent, as compared with March.
But in terms of twelve months, the food prices in the country rose by 1.1 percent; non-food items, by 4.3 percent; and services, by 1.5 percent.
The January-April 2012 consumer prices' average monthly price increase constituted 0.5 percent, which is 0.7-percentage-point lower than the same time period last year.
Armenia's food prices reduced by 1.4 percent in April 2012, as compared with March.
- 1YEREVAN. - On the invitation of Iran's FM Ali Akbar Salehi, Armenian Foreign Affairs Minister Edward Nalbandian arrived in Tehran Sunday on an official visit. And he was received by the Iranian President ...
- 1901 Death of Srapion Tolian (Sipili Yessayi), playwright, critic, and teacher of P. Doorian.
- 1915 Death of Sargees Barseghian (Vana Sargees), of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation Party. He was born in 1875.
- 1927 Opening of Yerevan's carbide factory.
- 1941 Death of Panos Terlemezyan (artist) in Yerevan. He was born in 1865.
- 1947 The International Armenian Congress takes place in the USA.
- 1981 The United States Holocaust Memorial Council, an independent Federal agency, unanimously resolved that the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum would include the Armenian Genocide in the Museum and has since done so.
- 1991 Soviet and Azeri Turkish forces start "Operation Circle" in Getashen and Martakert.
- 1993 The UN Security Council, at its 3205th meeting, adopts resolution 822.