ARMENIA'S FM DISCUSSES JOINT ECONOMIC PROGRAMS WITH IRAN'S PRESIDENT
- YEREVAN. - On the invitation of Iran's FM Ali Akbar Salehi, Armenian Foreign Affairs Minister Edward Nalbandian arrived in Tehran Sunday on an official visit. And he was received by the Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
Nalbandian conveyed to Ahmadinejad Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan's message, and the Iranian leader asked Armenia's FM to extend his warm greetings and well wishes to Sargsyan and the people of Armenia, MFA informed Armenian News-NEWS.am.
Afterward they discussed the implementation of Armenian-Iranian joint economic programs, and Iran's President stressed the importance of these programs.
In Tehran, Edward Nalbandian also held talks with his Iranian counterpart, Ali Akbar Salehi. They examined the avenues for further improving the friendly ties between both countries, and the activities of the Armenian-Iranian Intergovernmental Commission. They reflected on bilateral cooperation, and exchanged views on expanding the legal framework.
Salehi gave details on the latest developments with respect to Iran's nuclear program, and Nalbandian expressed a satisfaction that a positive trend was recorded during the last meeting in this regard.
In his turn, Armenia's FM briefed his Iranian colleague on the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict's settlement talks.
They agreed to hold their next meeting in Armenia's capital, Yerevan.
Then they held a joint news conference.
Also, Iran's FM organized an official dinner in honor of his Armenian counterpart.
In Tehran, Armenia's FM was also hosted at the Iranian parliament, where he met with the Speaker, Ali Larijani. Nalbandian underscored the effective cooperation between the legislative bodies of Armenia and Iran in strengthening bilateral relations.
FM Edward also met with Saeed Jalili, secretary of Iran's Supreme National Security Council and the country's Chief Nuclear Negotiator.
The interlocutors reflected on bilateral ties and collaboration between the Armenian and Iranian national security councils.
Jalili gave details on the latest developments concerning Iran's nuclear program, and Iran's expectations from the relative talks.
In his turn, Nalbandian spoke about the Karabakh peace talks.
On the evening of the same day, Edward Nalbandian met with Primate of the Tehran Diocese of the Armenian Apostolic Church and the heads of Iran's Armenian community organizations.
- 1YEREVAN. - On the invitation of Iran's FM Ali Akbar Salehi, Armenian Foreign Affairs Minister Edward Nalbandian arrived in Tehran Sunday on an official visit. And he was received by the Iranian President ...
- 1901 Death of Srapion Tolian (Sipili Yessayi), playwright, critic, and teacher of P. Doorian.
- 1915 Death of Sargees Barseghian (Vana Sargees), of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation Party. He was born in 1875.
- 1927 Opening of Yerevan's carbide factory.
- 1941 Death of Panos Terlemezyan (artist) in Yerevan. He was born in 1865.
- 1947 The International Armenian Congress takes place in the USA.
- 1981 The United States Holocaust Memorial Council, an independent Federal agency, unanimously resolved that the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum would include the Armenian Genocide in the Museum and has since done so.
- 1991 Soviet and Azeri Turkish forces start "Operation Circle" in Getashen and Martakert.
- 1993 The UN Security Council, at its 3205th meeting, adopts resolution 822.