THEY STEAL FROM ARMENIA'S STATE BUDGET - FIRST PRESIDENT
- If you vote for the ruling coalition's senior partner, the Republican Party of Armenia, it will become worse. This was stated Thursday by the opposition bloc Armenian National Congress (ANC) leader and Armenia's First President Levon Ter-Petrosyan, during his meeting in Yeghegnadzor city, and within the framework of campaigning for the upcoming parliamentary elections.
"Our [state] budget is [US$] 2.5 billion, and [$]5 billion is stolen from you every year. If they had not stolen, the budget would have been $7 billion," the First President said.
He noted that there is no difference between the regimes of incumbent President Serzh Sargsyan and former President Robert Kocharyan, and added the current authorities should not be accepted as true.
"If they are stealing [$]5 billion up to now, they will steal more from now on," Levon Ter-Petrosyan said.
He added that around one million people had left Armenia during the current authorities' tenure in the past 14 years, and asked the people to vote solely for the ANC.
- 1879 Death of Stepanos Nazaryan (public figure) in Moscow (Russia). He published the "Hyusisapail" (Aurora Borealis) monthly.
- 1904 The great battle of Semal (the Sassoon rebellion) took place under the leadership of General Andraneek. Hrair (Armenak Ghazarian) was killed in the fighting. He was born in 1864.
- 1920 Death of Vrtanes Papazyan (writer) in Yerevan. He was born in 1866.
- 1921 The "Self-government of Syunik" is re-organized by the Dashnaks, as the "Government of Mountainous Armenia".
- 1953 Completion of the first stage of construction of the Gyumush hydroelectric power station.