AZERBAIJAN'S SHOTS CAUSE INJURIES IN KARABAKH
- STEPANAKERT. - In recent days the adversary began to more intensively violate the ceasefire, at the line of contact between the Karabakh-Azerbaijani opposing forces, during which over 2,000 shots were fired in the direction of Armenian positions, and as a result injuries were recorded from the Karabakh side.
Specifically on Tuesday, the adversary fired shots toward the Armenian positions and on a sanitation truck. As a result, Nagorno-Karabakh Republic (NKR) Defense Army military servicemen Andranik Madoyan and Ernest Sargsyan were wounded, NKR Defense Army Press Service informed Armenian News-NEWS.am.
This incident yet again comes to prove that the adversary continues its destabilizing strategy at the line of contact, and, by cynically disregarding the humanitarian principles enshrined in the Geneva Convention, it also opens fire at a sanitation truck which bears the Red Cross logo.
- 1879 Death of Stepanos Nazaryan (public figure) in Moscow (Russia). He published the "Hyusisapail" (Aurora Borealis) monthly.
- 1904 The great battle of Semal (the Sassoon rebellion) took place under the leadership of General Andraneek. Hrair (Armenak Ghazarian) was killed in the fighting. He was born in 1864.
- 1920 Death of Vrtanes Papazyan (writer) in Yerevan. He was born in 1866.
- 1921 The "Self-government of Syunik" is re-organized by the Dashnaks, as the "Government of Mountainous Armenia".
- 1953 Completion of the first stage of construction of the Gyumush hydroelectric power station.