PEOPLE WITH NO MONEY NOT TO BE LEFT TO DIE - ORINATS YERKIR
- YEREVAN. - People who have no money for a surgery, should not be left to die, ruling coalition member Orinats Yerkir Party head Arthur Baghdasaryan said in a rally on Wednesday.
Armenia wastes billions on state medical order but the system works ineffectively. If a person has no money for an operation, the state should not let its citizen die.
"We want to change our reality, the system. We do not say if a person does not have money for dental works the state should give that money. We mean, if an illness threatens to citizen's life, the state should not let the person die," Baghdasaryan stated.
Orinats Yerkir (Rule of Law) is a party founded in 1997. The leader of the party Arthur Baghdasaryan is a Secretary of Armenia's National Security Council. The party is included in the ruling coalition along with the Republican Party of Armenia and Prosperous Armenia.
The proportional list includes 178 names. The party has also nominated MP candidates with the majority election system.
Orinats Yerkir's election campaign slogan is: "Let us believe to build rule of law!"
- 1828 Griboedov is appointed Russian ambassador in Persia.
- 1888 Death of novelist Raffi (Hakob Melik-Hakobyan) in Tbilissi (Georgia). He was born in 1835.
- 1918 The Turkish army re-occupies Ghars (Western Armenia).
- 1918 Stepan Shahoomyan creates and leads the Council of People's Commissars in Baku.
- 1959 Death of painter Hakob Kodjoyan. He was born in 1883.
- 1990 The Greek Parliament approves a law designating April 24 as Remembrance Day of the Armenian victims of the Genocide perpetrated by Turkey.