EXPORTS STRUCTURE OF ARMENIA CHANGES
- Ore and metals continue to occupy the leading position in the export structure in Armenia, but concerning the growth of exports the crucial role of exporting went to the products of other industries.
According to the publications of Armenia's State Revenue Committee, in the first quarter of 2012 copper ore was exported mostly from Armenia (26.5 thousand tons).
The export of Armenian brandy was on second place.
The exports of computers and their parts hit the top ten in the structure of exports for the first time.
The next major change relates to electricity. In the first quarter of 2012, 380 million kilowatt / hours of electricity was exported from Armenia.
- 1828 Griboedov is appointed Russian ambassador in Persia.
- 1888 Death of novelist Raffi (Hakob Melik-Hakobyan) in Tbilissi (Georgia). He was born in 1835.
- 1918 The Turkish army re-occupies Ghars (Western Armenia).
- 1918 Stepan Shahoomyan creates and leads the Council of People's Commissars in Baku.
- 1959 Death of painter Hakob Kodjoyan. He was born in 1883.
- 1990 The Greek Parliament approves a law designating April 24 as Remembrance Day of the Armenian victims of the Genocide perpetrated by Turkey.