© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1874 Death of Haroutioun Svachyan (editor of the "Bee" newspaper) in Constantinople. He was born in 1931.
- 1918 The Transcaucasian Seim proclaims the independence of Transcaucasia.
- 1921 Alexandropol liberated from the Turkish invaders.
- 1934 Death of Michael Varandian, theorist and ideologue of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation Party. He was born in 1872.
- 1943 The delegation of the 51st Guards Division arrived in Yerevan. It participated in Stalingrad's defense and was previously known as the Armenian 76th Division.
- 1961 Martiros Saryan (painter) awarded the Order of Lenin.
- 1981 President Reagan, in proclamation number 4838, states, in part, "like the genocide of the Armenians before it, and the genocide of the Cambodians, which followed it -- and like too many other persecutions of too many other people -- the lessons of the holocaust must never be forgotten".
- 1997 The Commemoration of the 82nd Anniversary of the Armenian Genocide took place in the Union Hall of the US Senate. It was organized by the Congress with the participation of Senator Jack Reid, Congressmen Jo Nolenberg, Martin Neahan, David Banier and George Radanovich.