ARMENIAN VILLAGE'S VOTERS ARE 500 MORE THAN ACTUAL RESIDENTS - NEWSPAPER
- YEREVAN. - Chorrord Inknishkhanutyun daily writes that it continues to receive calls from Armenia's citizens who inform that unknown people are registered in their home addresses.
"Ararat Region's Taperakan village likewise was not left out of this vicious phenomenon of extra registrations. Here the number of members of virtually all families is inflated.
According to our information, the most number of people is registered at the home of Taperakan's prefect Mihran.
As a result, the population of the village, which has 2,500 residents, has increased by 500," Chorrord Inknishkhanutyun writes.
- 1879 Death of Chamik Aramyan (publisher) in Constantinople. He was born in 1820.
- 1904 Birth of Hrant G. Pastrmajian. He died in 1954.
- 1922 Aram Yerkanian and Arshavir Shirakian executed Behaeddin Shakir, the leader of the "special forces" and Jemal Azmi, former Governor of Trabizond, in Berlin. Both were active in implementing the 1915 Armenian Genocide.
- 1957 Twinning of Kirovakan (Vanadzor) and Batumi (Georgia).
- 1990 An International Scholars' Meeting titled: "The Armenian Genocide: History, Theory, Political Responsibility" and devoted to 75th Anniversary of the Armenian's Genocide, takes place in Yerevan. It lasts to April 21.
- 1997 The Legislative Assembly of New South Wales (Australia) adopts a decision to commemorate April 24 as a Memorial Day of the Armenian Genocide. It suggests to the Federal Australian Government to adopt a similar decision.