OBAMA'S BODYGUARDS ARE DEPORTED FROM COLUMBIA FOR IMPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR
- The US Special Service Agents who were escorting Obama to the Summit of the Americas were dismissed from duty and were sent home.
Twelve secret agents were accused of impropriate behavior.
According to a nameless message Associated Press received, in the Columbian Cartagena City the agents used the services of prostitutes, Lenta.ru reports.
The Special Service did not confirm this information, but they did not deny it either. They only confirmed that 12 agents were sent back and replaced with new agents.
- 1828 Tsar Nicholas the First declares war against Turkey.
- 1860 Birth of the historian Leo (Arakel Babakhyan) in Shooshee. He died in 1932.
- 1864 Birth of Hovhannes Hovhannisyan (poet). He died in 1929.
- 1909 Sultan Abdul Hamid the Second is overthrown and power is seized by the Young Turks.
- 1921 Lenin sends his missive to the communists of Azerbajan, Georgia, Armenia, Daghstan, and the Republic of the Mountain Peoples.
- 1978 The Armenian SSR's Supreme Soviet confirms the Armenian constitution.
- 1990 The Russian Council adopts an announcement condemning the Armenian Genocide of 1915-1922.