ARMENIAN PRESIDENT CALLS TO VOTE FOR ARF DASHNAKTSUTYUN CANDIDATE
- YEREVAN.- The Republican Party of Armenia continues its pre-election meetings. The President of Armenia and RPA leader Serzh Sargsyan visited to Ararat region on Friday in the framework of the election campaign.
Referring to those who criticize the authorities, the President mentioned that there are political forces which do not want to work but criticize the government.
"I advise you to be careful and see who the promising ones are, what they have done," he emphasized.
Speaking in one of the villages he advised to vote for a candidate nominated by ARF Dashnaktsutyun.
"Don't consider it to be strange. We stand for tolerant and civilized dialogue. And we try to solve many issues by uniting everyone's efforts," the Armenian President said.
- 531 The Persian army defeats the Byzantine forces.
- 1386 Tamerlane occupies Tabriz (Iran) then conquers the Armenian provinces of Syooneek, Ararat, and Nakhitchevan. Fort Yerngak is besieged.
- 1800 Birth of Karapet Papazyan (composer and conductor).
- 1827 Russian forces enter Echmiadsin.
- 1866 Birth of Vrtanes Papazyan (writer) in Van (Western Armenia). He died in 1920 in Yerevan.
- 1889 Death of Gabriel Patkanyan (historian, public figure) in St. Petersburg (Russia). He was born in 1802.
- 1917 Death of Alexander Tsatoorian, writer and translator.
- 1918 A telegram of complaint is sent by the Soviet Russian government concerning the advance of the Turkish army in Transcaucasia and the atrocities committed against civilians.
- 1920 Start of Dro's 45-day campaign in Artsakh.
- 1942 The Armenian 408th Artillery Division was formed in Armenia.
- 1984 The People's Permanent Tribunal's Special Meeting takes place in Paris from April 13 to16. It discusses the Question of the Armenian Genocide. A decision is taken to condemn the Armenian Genocide .