PROSPEROUS ARMENIA PARTY LEADER HELD MEETING WITH VOTERS
- YEREVAN. - Prosperous Armenia Party (PAP) leader Gagik Tsarukyan held a meeting with voters in Yerevan.
Tsarukyan assured the voters he will not allow any violations or falsifications during the elections.
Prosperous Armenia Party (PAP) is a political power included in the ruling coalition.
Founded by Armenian biggest businessman Gagik Tsarukyan, the party debuted in 2007 Armenian parliamentary elections, winning 29 seats in 131-seat Armenia's National Assembly.
The proportional list of the party includes 165 names. PAP has also nominated MP candidates with the majority election system. Prosperous Armenia Party's election campaign slogan is: "Believe, trust, demand!"
- 531 The Persian army defeats the Byzantine forces.
- 1386 Tamerlane occupies Tabriz (Iran) then conquers the Armenian provinces of Syooneek, Ararat, and Nakhitchevan. Fort Yerngak is besieged.
- 1800 Birth of Karapet Papazyan (composer and conductor).
- 1827 Russian forces enter Echmiadsin.
- 1866 Birth of Vrtanes Papazyan (writer) in Van (Western Armenia). He died in 1920 in Yerevan.
- 1889 Death of Gabriel Patkanyan (historian, public figure) in St. Petersburg (Russia). He was born in 1802.
- 1917 Death of Alexander Tsatoorian, writer and translator.
- 1918 A telegram of complaint is sent by the Soviet Russian government concerning the advance of the Turkish army in Transcaucasia and the atrocities committed against civilians.
- 1920 Start of Dro's 45-day campaign in Artsakh.
- 1942 The Armenian 408th Artillery Division was formed in Armenia.
- 1984 The People's Permanent Tribunal's Special Meeting takes place in Paris from April 13 to16. It discusses the Question of the Armenian Genocide. A decision is taken to condemn the Armenian Genocide .