WHOM DASHNAKTSUTYUN PARTY CONSIDERS ITS SERIOUS CONTENDERS IN ARMENIA'S ELECTIONS?
- YEREVAN. - Armenia's opposition ARF Dashnaktsutyun Party has serious challengers—in the forthcoming parliamentary elections—with which it shared 1st to 3rd places during the previous voting, and with which it will compete in these elections, too, Davit Lokyan—head of the group that designed the ARF pre-election program—stated during the program's official presentation on Monday.
He expressed a conviction that the ARF will triumph in the upcoming elections.
As per Lokyan, Dashnaktsutyun has introduced a maximalist, but a realistic program.
Also, the Party promises to establish an agency for reforms, and to increase the assistance provided to Nagorno-Karabakh.
- 1Turkey is extremely disturbed over Slovakian Supreme Court Chairman Štefan Harabin's recent statement that if any Turkish official dares to deny in Slovakia the fact of the Armenian Genocide, he/she ...
- 1920 Meeting of the three Caucasian Republics' Council in Tbilisi. The question of Gharabagh was also discussed.
- 1922 The Assembly of the Transcaucasian Western Armenian workers opened in Yerevan.
- 1932 Creation of Armenia's Union of Soviet Writers, the Union of Musicians, the Union of Soviet Painters and Fine Arts, and the Union of Soviet Architects.
- 1994 Artsakh forces start their Aregasar operation. This ultimate effort liberates the Mataghis, Chaily, and Talish areas of Martakert.
- 1999 In a commendable letter, Ambassador Stuart Eizenstat, then Under Secretary of State for Economic, Business, and Agricultural Affairs, pledged that the administration would raise with Turkey the issue of the recovery of Armenian assets from the genocide period held by the Imperial Ottoman Bank.