- 1Turkey is extremely disturbed over Slovakian Supreme Court Chairman Štefan Harabin's recent statement that if any Turkish official dares to deny in Slovakia the fact of the Armenian Genocide, he/she ...
© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1920 Meeting of the three Caucasian Republics' Council in Tbilisi. The question of Gharabagh was also discussed.
- 1922 The Assembly of the Transcaucasian Western Armenian workers opened in Yerevan.
- 1932 Creation of Armenia's Union of Soviet Writers, the Union of Musicians, the Union of Soviet Painters and Fine Arts, and the Union of Soviet Architects.
- 1994 Artsakh forces start their Aregasar operation. This ultimate effort liberates the Mataghis, Chaily, and Talish areas of Martakert.
- 1999 In a commendable letter, Ambassador Stuart Eizenstat, then Under Secretary of State for Economic, Business, and Agricultural Affairs, pledged that the administration would raise with Turkey the issue of the recovery of Armenian assets from the genocide period held by the Imperial Ottoman Bank.