ARMENIA'S FM VISITS STATE PEDAGOGICAL UNIVERSITY
- YEREVAN. - FM Edward Nalbandian on Monday paid a visit to the Armenian State Pedagogical University and attended the opening of an international symposium, which is convened within the framework of the one-month celebration of La Francophonie in Armenia.
Welcoming the symposium guests, Nalbandian noted that the organizing of events devoted to La Francophonie has become a good tradition in Armenia, MFA informed Armenian News-NEWS.am.
As per Armenia's FM, La Francophonie contributes to the integration and the closer cultural cooperation among the people who live in different continents, but uphold the same values.
Edward Nalbandian also noted that Armenia underscores its participation in La Francophonie, because it is convinced that La Francophonie enables opportunities for further mutual recognition and cooperation.
- 1827 Russian forces start their third assault on Yerevan.
- 1848 Khatshatoor Abovyan (writer) disappears. He was born in 1809.
- 1889 Death of academician Kerovbe Patkanyan (armenologist) in St. Petersburg (Russia). He was born in 1833.
- 1921 The Dashnak Government is ousted from Yerevan by the Bolsheviks.