GRANDDAUGHTER OF LAST OTTOMAN SULTAN DIES
- Fatma Neslisah Sultan, the Ottoman Dynasty's eldest female successor, died in Istanbul at the age of 91. She was born on February 4, 1921.
Nesilsah Sultan's father was Shahzadah (Prince) Omer Faruk Efendi, the son of the last Ottoman caliph, Abdulmecid. And her mother was the daughter of the last Ottoman padishah, Mehmet Vahdettin.
In 1940, Nesilsah Sultan had married Prince Muhammad Abdel Moneim of Egypt. She subsequently moved to France with her husband, but returned to Turkey in 1963.
- 1827 Russian forces start their third assault on Yerevan.
- 1848 Khatshatoor Abovyan (writer) disappears. He was born in 1809.
- 1889 Death of academician Kerovbe Patkanyan (armenologist) in St. Petersburg (Russia). He was born in 1833.
- 1921 The Dashnak Government is ousted from Yerevan by the Bolsheviks.