34-YEAR-OLD MAN DIES IN CAR ACCIDENT IN YEREVAN
- YEREVAN. - A car accident occurred in Yerevan on Saturday. The corresponding signal from the Armenian Ambulance service was received by Armenia's Emergency Service at 2.34 p.m.
As the press service of Armenia's Emergency Service informed Armenian News-NEWS.am, there are injured people.
As it came out, in yet unknown circumstances a VAZ 21099 and VAZ 2121 vehicles crashed. The driver of the VAZ 21099 Gurgen Avagyan, 34, died on the spot, the driver of the other car, Eduard Gasparyan, 20, was hospitalized.
- 1903 Birth of Ashot Abrahamian, doctor of historical sciences (history of fountains and springs), and professor.
- 1907 Birth of the creator of some of the more famous types of Armenian brandy: Margar Sedrakian.
- 1909 Start of the massacre of the Armenian population of Adana (Cilicia, Western Armenia). About 30000 were killed in three weeks.
- 1962 The CC of the Armenian CP and the Council of Ministers of the Armenian SSR reorganize agriculture in the Armenian SSR. They create 11 territorial production administrations for kolkhozes (collective farm) and sovkhozes (state farm).