HEAD OF ARMENIAN CENTRAL BANK TO VISIT LEBANON
- YEREVAN. - Delegation headed by the chair of the Armenian Central Bank (CBA) Arthur Javadyan will visit Beirut on Thursday, where it would participate in the Armenian-Lebanese round table on 'The New Reality of the Armenian Banking Sector' forum.
Special Envoy of the Armenian President Levon Sargsyan, Armenian Ambassador to Lebanon Ashot Kocharyan, heads of Armenian commercial banks, and representatives of Lebanese banking system will participate in the discussions entitled 'Armenia's financial system: enlargements and stability,' as well as 'Armenia's banking system: processes and tendencies,' CBA informs Armenian News-NEWS.am.
Within the frameworks of the visit, Javadyan will meet with his Lebanese counterpart Riad Salameh and Chairman of the Association of Banks in Lebanon Joseph Torbey.
- 554 The Ecclesiastic Assembly in Dvin condemns the Chalcedonian Creed and irrevocably breaks off its relations with the Byzantine "Universal" Church.
- 1001 The architect Trdat, finished the construction of the Main Church of Ani.
- 1592 Birth of Nahapet Koochak. He was Armenia's first troubadour.
- 1827 The first Armenian voluntary brigade was formed in Tbilissi (Georgia).
- 1899 Birth of benefactor Calouste Gulbenkian in Constantinople. He was a Petroleum Engineer. He founded the Petroleum Benevolent Union in Turkey. In 1930, he was voted President of the Armenian General Benevolent Union. Calouste Gulbenkian died in July 1955 in Lisbon.
- 1912 Death of Gabriel Soondookyan (playwright) in Tbilissi (Georgia). He was born in 1825.
- 1914 The Armenian History and Archeology Association is created in Tbilissi (Georgia).
- 1918 Birth of Charles Hrach Papaz, Armenian-American radiophysicist, member of the American Physics and Mathematics Associations and the Electronic Engineers Institute. He is an overseas member of the Armenian National Academy of Science.
- 1921 The first Armenian Art House opened in Tbilissi. It was called after the great writer, Vahan Terian. The president was another great writer, Hovhannes Toomanian.
- 1971 Death of famous actor of the roles of Zimzimov, Iago and Nazar the Brave, Avet Avetisian (Voskanyan).
- 1992 Azeri Turk forces attack Stepanakert from Shooshee, Ghaybalu, Janhasan and Kiosalar. They are defeated and thrown back.