ARMENIA'S ORINATS YERKIR TO HOLD RALLY ON APRIL 7
- YEREVAN.- Orinats Yerkir (Rule of Law) Party will hold a rally in Yerevan's Liberty square on April 7.
The party will present its election program on April 8, party's Vice Chairman Heghine Bisharyan told journalists on Thursday.
The party is experienced as it is the fourth election campaign, she stressed.
Orinats Yerkir is a party founded in 1997. The leader of the party Arthur Baghdasaryan is a Secretary of Armenia's National Security Council. The party is included in the ruling coalition along with the Republican Party of Armenia and Prosperous Armenia.
The proportional list includes 178 names. The party has also nominated MP candidates with the majority election system.
Orinats Yerkir's election campaign slogan is: "Let us believe to build rule of law!"
- 554 The Ecclesiastic Assembly in Dvin condemns the Chalcedonian Creed and irrevocably breaks off its relations with the Byzantine "Universal" Church.
- 1001 The architect Trdat, finished the construction of the Main Church of Ani.
- 1592 Birth of Nahapet Koochak. He was Armenia's first troubadour.
- 1827 The first Armenian voluntary brigade was formed in Tbilissi (Georgia).
- 1899 Birth of benefactor Calouste Gulbenkian in Constantinople. He was a Petroleum Engineer. He founded the Petroleum Benevolent Union in Turkey. In 1930, he was voted President of the Armenian General Benevolent Union. Calouste Gulbenkian died in July 1955 in Lisbon.
- 1912 Death of Gabriel Soondookyan (playwright) in Tbilissi (Georgia). He was born in 1825.
- 1914 The Armenian History and Archeology Association is created in Tbilissi (Georgia).
- 1918 Birth of Charles Hrach Papaz, Armenian-American radiophysicist, member of the American Physics and Mathematics Associations and the Electronic Engineers Institute. He is an overseas member of the Armenian National Academy of Science.
- 1921 The first Armenian Art House opened in Tbilissi. It was called after the great writer, Vahan Terian. The president was another great writer, Hovhannes Toomanian.
- 1971 Death of famous actor of the roles of Zimzimov, Iago and Nazar the Brave, Avet Avetisian (Voskanyan).
- 1992 Azeri Turk forces attack Stepanakert from Shooshee, Ghaybalu, Janhasan and Kiosalar. They are defeated and thrown back.