ARMENIAN RULING COALITION PARTY MP SAYS "BON APPÉTIT" TO THOSE WHO RECEIVED FRUIT JAMS FROM POLITICAL FORCE
- YEREVAN. - In connection with the women's holidays in Armenia, the chiefs of the ruling coalition's Orinats Yerkir (Rule of Law) Party (RLP) local divisions decided to show good treatment to the Party's female members, RLP Parliamentary Faction leader Heghine Bisharyan stated during a press conference on Thursday, and in response to the news on distributing fruit jams to the citizens.
She assured that the fruit jams were handed out solely to the female members of their party.
And with respect to a journalist's observation that the jams were also distributed to an entire residential building in the capital Yerevan, Bisharyan noted that in that case the building's residents are probably RLP members, and, also, she said "bon appétit" to them.
As Armenian News-NEWS.am informed earlier, Armenia's ruling coalition parties continue to give out election bribes, but not in the form of money, rather, through philanthropy, Zhoghovurd daily wrote.
"According to the information which Zhoghovurd received from the Ararat Region, these days RLP is actively distributing [fruit] jams to the citizens," Zhoghovurd wrote.
- 554 The Ecclesiastic Assembly in Dvin condemns the Chalcedonian Creed and irrevocably breaks off its relations with the Byzantine "Universal" Church.
- 1001 The architect Trdat, finished the construction of the Main Church of Ani.
- 1592 Birth of Nahapet Koochak. He was Armenia's first troubadour.
- 1827 The first Armenian voluntary brigade was formed in Tbilissi (Georgia).
- 1899 Birth of benefactor Calouste Gulbenkian in Constantinople. He was a Petroleum Engineer. He founded the Petroleum Benevolent Union in Turkey. In 1930, he was voted President of the Armenian General Benevolent Union. Calouste Gulbenkian died in July 1955 in Lisbon.
- 1912 Death of Gabriel Soondookyan (playwright) in Tbilissi (Georgia). He was born in 1825.
- 1914 The Armenian History and Archeology Association is created in Tbilissi (Georgia).
- 1918 Birth of Charles Hrach Papaz, Armenian-American radiophysicist, member of the American Physics and Mathematics Associations and the Electronic Engineers Institute. He is an overseas member of the Armenian National Academy of Science.
- 1921 The first Armenian Art House opened in Tbilissi. It was called after the great writer, Vahan Terian. The president was another great writer, Hovhannes Toomanian.
- 1971 Death of famous actor of the roles of Zimzimov, Iago and Nazar the Brave, Avet Avetisian (Voskanyan).
- 1992 Azeri Turk forces attack Stepanakert from Shooshee, Ghaybalu, Janhasan and Kiosalar. They are defeated and thrown back.