THERE ARE SHORTFALLS - ARMENIAN OMBUDSMAN ASSESSES STATE REVENUE COMMITTEE'S ACTIVITIES
- YEREVAN. - Armenian Ombudsman Karen Andreasyan has issued an evaluation of the State Revenue Committee activities for 2011.
The assessment is as follows:
Shortcomings and problems identified
• Verifications made in State Revenue Committee have shown that in certain cases, the taxpayer's accounts and reports were not analyzed and studied timely and properly by the officials of the Committee and activities were not effectively organized.
• In the specialized custom house for custom processing of motor vehicles the values of additional spare parts on the car having an impact on the customs value have not been properly represented.
• The full observance of the established rules of conduct for tax and customs officers is not still widespread in the work of the system.
• Only two or three courses of the study on the presentation of declarations were annually organized by State Income Committee for customs mediators and economic entities. In result the level of the process of self declarations of economic entities is still low, while the number of declarations made by the mediators is large. In such situations high prices set by customs mediators became additional economic burden for businesses.
• The changes made in RA law " On Value Added Tax" (06.12.2011), which was adopted in haste and without public discussion, are considered negative. The State Revenue Committee, within its jurisdiction did not provide the necessary consistency in conducting public discussion of the draft for changes in tax legislation and introducing and applying them within a reasonable time.
Recorded positive developments
• There is a full transition to the risk based inspection system from ubiquitous control in tax and customs system; the risk based inspection system has been automated.
• In 2011, the State Revenue Committee has taken steps to exclude taxpayer - inspector communication, introducing electronic reporting system instead.
• The organization of services for taxpayers has been reformed, by running the taxpayer service centers in revenue system, by tax-payers call centers, information terminals, as well as the educational centre of the SRC.
• The tax and customs legislation for small and medium enterprises has been simplified by the introduction of favorable tax regimes and the optimization of number and frequency of reporting.
• The widespread use of cash machines and cash registers and the culture of receiving coupons has been developed.
• TWM automated declaration system has been inserted in Administration of the customs, which is aimed at reducing the time required for customs clearance and customs control efficiency.
• Documents and time required for customs formalities have been reduced, the number of documents required for customs control has been reduced by 5, and now only 3 documents are required for customs clearance.
- 554 The Ecclesiastic Assembly in Dvin condemns the Chalcedonian Creed and irrevocably breaks off its relations with the Byzantine "Universal" Church.
- 1001 The architect Trdat, finished the construction of the Main Church of Ani.
- 1592 Birth of Nahapet Koochak. He was Armenia's first troubadour.
- 1827 The first Armenian voluntary brigade was formed in Tbilissi (Georgia).
- 1899 Birth of benefactor Calouste Gulbenkian in Constantinople. He was a Petroleum Engineer. He founded the Petroleum Benevolent Union in Turkey. In 1930, he was voted President of the Armenian General Benevolent Union. Calouste Gulbenkian died in July 1955 in Lisbon.
- 1912 Death of Gabriel Soondookyan (playwright) in Tbilissi (Georgia). He was born in 1825.
- 1914 The Armenian History and Archeology Association is created in Tbilissi (Georgia).
- 1918 Birth of Charles Hrach Papaz, Armenian-American radiophysicist, member of the American Physics and Mathematics Associations and the Electronic Engineers Institute. He is an overseas member of the Armenian National Academy of Science.
- 1921 The first Armenian Art House opened in Tbilissi. It was called after the great writer, Vahan Terian. The president was another great writer, Hovhannes Toomanian.
- 1971 Death of famous actor of the roles of Zimzimov, Iago and Nazar the Brave, Avet Avetisian (Voskanyan).
- 1992 Azeri Turk forces attack Stepanakert from Shooshee, Ghaybalu, Janhasan and Kiosalar. They are defeated and thrown back.