113 BUSINESSMEN IN ARMENIAN POLITICAL PARTIES' PROPORTIONAL ELECTION LISTS - NEWSPAPER
- YEREVAN. - The abundance of businessmen in Armenia's National Assembly (NA) is always a discussion topic, Azg daily writes.
"The ruling [coalition's] Republican Party [of Armenia] leaders [had] announced that businessmen would not be included in their party list in these [NA] elections. But as reality came to show, there is a considerable number of businessmen in the lists of the ruling party and [in those of] the ruling coalition and the opposition parties. Even the Communist Party's list has businessmen.
We have [a total of] 113 businessmen [MP candidates], who are in the lists of eight parties and one bloc which will run in the parliamentary elections. [And] The businessmen candidates comprise more than ten percent of all the candidates," Azg writes.
- 554 The Ecclesiastic Assembly in Dvin condemns the Chalcedonian Creed and irrevocably breaks off its relations with the Byzantine "Universal" Church.
- 1001 The architect Trdat, finished the construction of the Main Church of Ani.
- 1592 Birth of Nahapet Koochak. He was Armenia's first troubadour.
- 1827 The first Armenian voluntary brigade was formed in Tbilissi (Georgia).
- 1899 Birth of benefactor Calouste Gulbenkian in Constantinople. He was a Petroleum Engineer. He founded the Petroleum Benevolent Union in Turkey. In 1930, he was voted President of the Armenian General Benevolent Union. Calouste Gulbenkian died in July 1955 in Lisbon.
- 1912 Death of Gabriel Soondookyan (playwright) in Tbilissi (Georgia). He was born in 1825.
- 1914 The Armenian History and Archeology Association is created in Tbilissi (Georgia).
- 1918 Birth of Charles Hrach Papaz, Armenian-American radiophysicist, member of the American Physics and Mathematics Associations and the Electronic Engineers Institute. He is an overseas member of the Armenian National Academy of Science.
- 1921 The first Armenian Art House opened in Tbilissi. It was called after the great writer, Vahan Terian. The president was another great writer, Hovhannes Toomanian.
- 1971 Death of famous actor of the roles of Zimzimov, Iago and Nazar the Brave, Avet Avetisian (Voskanyan).
- 1992 Azeri Turk forces attack Stepanakert from Shooshee, Ghaybalu, Janhasan and Kiosalar. They are defeated and thrown back.