DIGITIZATION OF MATERIALS ON ARMENIAN GENOCIDE IS ESSENTIAL FOR THEIR CONSERVATION - DIRECTOR OF GENOCIDE MUSEUM INSTITUTE
- YEREVAN. - The digitization and distribution of materials on the Armenian Genocide is very important for their conservation and access to them, the director of Armenia's Genocide Museum Institute Hayk Demoyan told Armenian News-NEWS.am, commenting on the joint project of the Institute of Armenian Studies at the University of Southern California and the Foundation "Shoah", founded by world famous film director Steven Spielberg.
"The project should have started last year but there were some problems," Hayk Demoyan mentioned.
According to him, there is not any specific timetable for the project, much depends on financing.
Hayk Demoyan refused to inform whether Turkey conducts any action against this event. However, the source of Armenian News-NEWS.am informed that Turkey reacted negatively to the project.
- 554 The Ecclesiastic Assembly in Dvin condemns the Chalcedonian Creed and irrevocably breaks off its relations with the Byzantine "Universal" Church.
- 1001 The architect Trdat, finished the construction of the Main Church of Ani.
- 1592 Birth of Nahapet Koochak. He was Armenia's first troubadour.
- 1827 The first Armenian voluntary brigade was formed in Tbilissi (Georgia).
- 1899 Birth of benefactor Calouste Gulbenkian in Constantinople. He was a Petroleum Engineer. He founded the Petroleum Benevolent Union in Turkey. In 1930, he was voted President of the Armenian General Benevolent Union. Calouste Gulbenkian died in July 1955 in Lisbon.
- 1912 Death of Gabriel Soondookyan (playwright) in Tbilissi (Georgia). He was born in 1825.
- 1914 The Armenian History and Archeology Association is created in Tbilissi (Georgia).
- 1918 Birth of Charles Hrach Papaz, Armenian-American radiophysicist, member of the American Physics and Mathematics Associations and the Electronic Engineers Institute. He is an overseas member of the Armenian National Academy of Science.
- 1921 The first Armenian Art House opened in Tbilissi. It was called after the great writer, Vahan Terian. The president was another great writer, Hovhannes Toomanian.
- 1971 Death of famous actor of the roles of Zimzimov, Iago and Nazar the Brave, Avet Avetisian (Voskanyan).
- 1992 Azeri Turk forces attack Stepanakert from Shooshee, Ghaybalu, Janhasan and Kiosalar. They are defeated and thrown back.