ARFD UNLIKELY TO JOIN COALITION IF IT IS FORMED AFTER ELECTIONS
- YEREVAN.- ARF Dashnaktsutyun will try to poll many votes so that there will be no need to form a coalition, head of parliamentary group Vahan Hovhannisyan told reporters on Monday.
Hovhannisyan did not rule out the possibility of a new coalition but said ARFD is unlikely to join it.
Leader of ARFD group said the party which will poll over 50% of votes should bear responsibility alone and not form formal coalitions.
He did not rule out that the present members of the ruling coalition will unite after the elections too.
The Republican Party of Armenia is a member of the ruling coalition along with the Prosperous Armenia and Orinats Yerkir (Rule of Law).
- 1636 The Kzlbash retake Fort Yerevan.
- 1878 Birth of singer and teacher Tigran Nalbandian in Van. He was soloist of a choir and student of Makar Ekmalian. Arthur Aidinian, Hovhanness Badalian and other famous singers were his students.
- 1928 Birth of artist and professor Romanos Sargsian in Tbilissi. He died in 1981.
- 1940 Yerevan's Kirov Synthetic Rubber Factory starts production.
- 1958 Death of writer Azat Vshtoony. He was born in 1894.