HEAD OF TURKEY'S OPPOSITION TAKES PICTURE OF FAMOUS ARMENIAN PHOTOGRAPHER (PHOTOS)
- Turkey's main opposition Republican People's Party (CHP) Chairman Kemal Kilicdaroglu, who was on hand—in Istanbul on March 24—at the staging of the Armenian play entitled "Pomegranate Beans," briefly conversed with famous Istanbul-Armenian photographer Ara Guler following the theatric performance.
And during their talk, the Turkish party leader picked up a photo camera and took the joint picture of Guler and Hurriyet daily's journalist Ahmet Hakan, and then he took a separate photograph of Ara Guler, Gercekgundem website of Turkey informs.
As Armenian News-NEWS.am informed earlier, Turkey's Culture and Tourism Ministry had presented its "Grand Culture and Arts Award" to the country's four renowned photographers, including famous Istanbul Armenian photographer Ara Guler.
And Turkish PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who had attended the event, had picked up a photo camera and taken Ara Guler's photograph. In his turn, Guler jokingly had asked Erdogan when he would receive the photograph.
- 1636 The Kzlbash retake Fort Yerevan.
- 1878 Birth of singer and teacher Tigran Nalbandian in Van. He was soloist of a choir and student of Makar Ekmalian. Arthur Aidinian, Hovhanness Badalian and other famous singers were his students.
- 1928 Birth of artist and professor Romanos Sargsian in Tbilissi. He died in 1981.
- 1940 Yerevan's Kirov Synthetic Rubber Factory starts production.
- 1958 Death of writer Azat Vshtoony. He was born in 1894.