ARMENIAN OFFICIAL, GEORGIAN AMBASSADOR DISCUSS COOPERATION
- YEREVAN.- Deputy Speaker of the Armenia Parliament Eduard Sharmazanov received on Friday Georgian Ambassador to Armenia Tengiz Sharmanashvili and advisor to the embassy Georgiy Saganelidze.
They discussed the issues related to intensification of inter-parliamentary cooperation, Armenian-Georgian inter-parliamentary cooperation commission which resumed its work after a long break as well as development of economic and cultural ties.
Eduard Sharmazanov briefed Georgian diplomats on the upcoming parliamentary elections, political climate in the country, parties and political forces intending to participate in the elections.
Deputy Speaker stressed that elections held at high level will by the way to strengthening of democracy.
- 1ISTANBUL. - Armenian Narine Mkrtchyan, 21, who had gone to Istanbul with her stepfather and half-brother, was sexually blackmailed by a Turkish man called Orhan and committed suicide. Narine's brother ...
- 1886 Birth of Tsolak Khanzadian, linguist and translator. He died in Moscow, and is buried in Yerevan.
- 1887 Birth of Aristakes Vardanian, linguist and philologist. When he was 23, he become a monk of the Mkhitarist Congregation. He died in 1941.
- 1898 Death of Tigran Tshookhadjiyan - composer and creator of the first Armenian opera - in Smyrna. (He was born in 1836).
- 1904 Birth of composer and important artistic figure, Levon Khoja-Eynatian in Tbilissi.
- 1908 Tachat Terlemezian executes Davo, the traitor.
- 1923 Death of Hovhannes Toomanyan (writer) in Moscow (Russia). He was born in 1869.
- 1929 Birth of Rafael Chmshkian, famous weightlifter, world record-holder, international trainer, European and Helsinki Olympic Games champion.
- 1937 Abolition of the Transcausasian Federation.
- 1937 The 9th Extraordinary Congress of the Armenian SSR confirms the New Constitution for Armenia.
- 1954 The National Congress of Armenia's village doctors opens in Yerevan.
- 1956 Death of actor Goorgen Gabrielyan.
- 1966 Creation of the Armenian Radio and Television Symphonic Orchestra headed by Ohan Doorian.