ARMENIAN GIRL COMMITS SUICIDE BECAUSE OF SEXUAL BLACKMAIL IN TURKEY
- ISTANBUL. - Armenian Narine Mkrtchyan, 21, who had gone to Istanbul with her stepfather and half-brother, was sexually blackmailed by a Turkish man called Orhan and committed suicide.
Narine's brother Jora informed, that Narine was in love with Orhan but the later cheated her. After having love with Narine, Orhan somehow managed to take nude pictures of Narine, Akos paper informs. Then Orhan's brother Bares tried to persuade her to living together blackmailing her with the photographs. After being refused, he showed the pictures to Narine's brother. As a result Narine and her brother started arguing and Jora slapped her on the face.
Orhan and his brother started blackmailing her demanding money and threatening to post her nude pictures on the internet. Not being able to deal with the situation the girl committed suicide.
Her step-father discovered her body. They did not report to the police as they were staying in Turkey illegally.
Narine's mother went to Turkey after being informed about her daughter's death. She did report to the police.
- 1ISTANBUL. - Armenian Narine Mkrtchyan, 21, who had gone to Istanbul with her stepfather and half-brother, was sexually blackmailed by a Turkish man called Orhan and committed suicide. Narine's brother ...
- 1886 Birth of Tsolak Khanzadian, linguist and translator. He died in Moscow, and is buried in Yerevan.
- 1887 Birth of Aristakes Vardanian, linguist and philologist. When he was 23, he become a monk of the Mkhitarist Congregation. He died in 1941.
- 1898 Death of Tigran Tshookhadjiyan - composer and creator of the first Armenian opera - in Smyrna. (He was born in 1836).
- 1904 Birth of composer and important artistic figure, Levon Khoja-Eynatian in Tbilissi.
- 1908 Tachat Terlemezian executes Davo, the traitor.
- 1923 Death of Hovhannes Toomanyan (writer) in Moscow (Russia). He was born in 1869.
- 1929 Birth of Rafael Chmshkian, famous weightlifter, world record-holder, international trainer, European and Helsinki Olympic Games champion.
- 1937 Abolition of the Transcausasian Federation.
- 1937 The 9th Extraordinary Congress of the Armenian SSR confirms the New Constitution for Armenia.
- 1954 The National Congress of Armenia's village doctors opens in Yerevan.
- 1956 Death of actor Goorgen Gabrielyan.
- 1966 Creation of the Armenian Radio and Television Symphonic Orchestra headed by Ohan Doorian.