QUALITY OF ARMENIA'S NATURAL GAS IS INSPECTED
- YEREVAN. - The quality of the natural gas being imported to Armenia from Russia meets the working interstate standard, ArmRusGazprom Company Deputy Director General, Chief Engineer Hrant Tadevosyan stated during his meeting on Friday with representatives of the Armenian National Association of Consumers (ANAC).
The parties discussed the quality of the natural gas being supplied to Armenia's residents, the volume of gas consumption, and the consumer market.
After the meeting, the ANAC working group visited ArmRusGazprom's laboratory, where the quality of the natural gas was jointly inspected.
As a result of the discussions, the working group accepted the conclusion that the residents' complaints are for the most part unfair.
- 1ISTANBUL. - Armenian Narine Mkrtchyan, 21, who had gone to Istanbul with her stepfather and half-brother, was sexually blackmailed by a Turkish man called Orhan and committed suicide. Narine's brother ...
- 1886 Birth of Tsolak Khanzadian, linguist and translator. He died in Moscow, and is buried in Yerevan.
- 1887 Birth of Aristakes Vardanian, linguist and philologist. When he was 23, he become a monk of the Mkhitarist Congregation. He died in 1941.
- 1898 Death of Tigran Tshookhadjiyan - composer and creator of the first Armenian opera - in Smyrna. (He was born in 1836).
- 1904 Birth of composer and important artistic figure, Levon Khoja-Eynatian in Tbilissi.
- 1908 Tachat Terlemezian executes Davo, the traitor.
- 1923 Death of Hovhannes Toomanyan (writer) in Moscow (Russia). He was born in 1869.
- 1929 Birth of Rafael Chmshkian, famous weightlifter, world record-holder, international trainer, European and Helsinki Olympic Games champion.
- 1937 Abolition of the Transcausasian Federation.
- 1937 The 9th Extraordinary Congress of the Armenian SSR confirms the New Constitution for Armenia.
- 1954 The National Congress of Armenia's village doctors opens in Yerevan.
- 1956 Death of actor Goorgen Gabrielyan.
- 1966 Creation of the Armenian Radio and Television Symphonic Orchestra headed by Ohan Doorian.