ARMENIA AND ETHIOPIA HAVE CENTURIES-OLD FRIENDSHIP - ARMENIAN PRESIDENT
- YEREVAN. - Newly appointed Ethiopia's Ambassador to Armenia Kasahun Dender (residence in Moscow) presented his credentials to the Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan on Friday.
Sargsyan congratulated the Ambassador and wished success, presidential press service informs Armenian News-NEWS.am. Sargsyan also started that Ethiopia is the African state with which Armenia has centuries-old friendship and there is a good basis to deepen and strengthen bilateral relations between the nations.
Sargsyan also stressed importance of developing cooperation in various fields.
According to the Ambassador, Armenians in Ethiopia have promoted the well-being of the state and the development of technologies and science for many years. Besides, the Ethiopian government is interested in developing relations with Armenia.
- 1ISTANBUL. - Armenian Narine Mkrtchyan, 21, who had gone to Istanbul with her stepfather and half-brother, was sexually blackmailed by a Turkish man called Orhan and committed suicide. Narine's brother ...
- 1886 Birth of Tsolak Khanzadian, linguist and translator. He died in Moscow, and is buried in Yerevan.
- 1887 Birth of Aristakes Vardanian, linguist and philologist. When he was 23, he become a monk of the Mkhitarist Congregation. He died in 1941.
- 1898 Death of Tigran Tshookhadjiyan - composer and creator of the first Armenian opera - in Smyrna. (He was born in 1836).
- 1904 Birth of composer and important artistic figure, Levon Khoja-Eynatian in Tbilissi.
- 1908 Tachat Terlemezian executes Davo, the traitor.
- 1923 Death of Hovhannes Toomanyan (writer) in Moscow (Russia). He was born in 1869.
- 1929 Birth of Rafael Chmshkian, famous weightlifter, world record-holder, international trainer, European and Helsinki Olympic Games champion.
- 1937 Abolition of the Transcausasian Federation.
- 1937 The 9th Extraordinary Congress of the Armenian SSR confirms the New Constitution for Armenia.
- 1954 The National Congress of Armenia's village doctors opens in Yerevan.
- 1956 Death of actor Goorgen Gabrielyan.
- 1966 Creation of the Armenian Radio and Television Symphonic Orchestra headed by Ohan Doorian.