LET ARF DASHNAKTSUTYUN MOURN THEIR ELECTION LIST - RULING MP
- YEREVAN. - Head of ruling Republican Party of Armenia (RPA) parliamentary group Galust Sahakyan strictly responded to the critical statement by the parliament opposition ARF Dashnaktsutyun on their proportional list.
"Let them mourn their own list," Sahakyan said during a briefing in the Parliament.
Earlier Vahan Hovhannisyan said that RPA's list does not give reason to believe in the party.
As for the word 'to believe' in the RPA motto and whether RPA will manage to restore belief, Sahakyan said that when they say believe, they do not mean to believe in an official.
The Republican Party of Armenia will run in the parliamentary elections under its new slogan: "Let us believe, so we can make a change!"
- 1ISTANBUL. - Armenian Narine Mkrtchyan, 21, who had gone to Istanbul with her stepfather and half-brother, was sexually blackmailed by a Turkish man called Orhan and committed suicide. Narine's brother ...
- 1886 Birth of Tsolak Khanzadian, linguist and translator. He died in Moscow, and is buried in Yerevan.
- 1887 Birth of Aristakes Vardanian, linguist and philologist. When he was 23, he become a monk of the Mkhitarist Congregation. He died in 1941.
- 1898 Death of Tigran Tshookhadjiyan - composer and creator of the first Armenian opera - in Smyrna. (He was born in 1836).
- 1904 Birth of composer and important artistic figure, Levon Khoja-Eynatian in Tbilissi.
- 1908 Tachat Terlemezian executes Davo, the traitor.
- 1923 Death of Hovhannes Toomanyan (writer) in Moscow (Russia). He was born in 1869.
- 1929 Birth of Rafael Chmshkian, famous weightlifter, world record-holder, international trainer, European and Helsinki Olympic Games champion.
- 1937 Abolition of the Transcausasian Federation.
- 1937 The 9th Extraordinary Congress of the Armenian SSR confirms the New Constitution for Armenia.
- 1954 The National Congress of Armenia's village doctors opens in Yerevan.
- 1956 Death of actor Goorgen Gabrielyan.
- 1966 Creation of the Armenian Radio and Television Symphonic Orchestra headed by Ohan Doorian.