NEW ARMENIAN SEX SERVICE WEBSITE IS LAUNCHED - NEWSPAPER
- YEREVAN. - A new sex service website is launched in Armenia, and thirty-two women have become members in it in just several days, Zhamanak daily writes.
"The new website enables to have a good understanding of the price range [for such services]. For the most part, [and] depending on the age, height, hair color, etc., the prices range between AMD 25,000-40,000 (approx. US$ 65-103), up until AMD 50,000 (approx. $130). A one-hour standard sex service is considered the high price, at AMD 50,000, but without oral sex. And AMD 150,000 (approx. $387) is asked for an entire night. Yerevan, Gyumri, Vanadzor, and Abovyan [cities] are covered in this website that offers Armenian sex services," Zhamanak writes.
- 0 Our ancestors celebrated the New Year in this day as the reawakening of nature and the work of the farmer.
- 1615 According to a proclamation by the Polish King Sigismund the Third, Armenians were allowed to live and work in Dubrovitsa. This Armenian colony was obliterated in 1672 in the course of Turkish attacks.
- 1747 The Dutch award the Armenians of Indonesia the same civil rights as European free citizens.
- 1758 Birth of Ghookas Eencheechyan (armenologist and geographer). He died in 1833.
- 1763 Death of Catholicos Hakob the Fifth --Shamakhetsee. He was an important figure in the liberation movement of the 18th century. His birthdate is unknown.
- 1828 Tsar Nicholas the First defines the status of the Armenian Province. Major-General Tchavchevadze is appointed Governor of the Province.
- 1879 Birth of Anooshavan Vardanian, playwright, representative of proletarian literature. He was head of the Copyright Protection Department.
- 1888 Birth of Marietta Shahinyan (Bolshevik propaganda writer) in Moscow.
- 1942 Vahan Mirakyan (poet) dies in Yerevan. He was born in 1866.
- 1981 Inauguration of the Arpa-Sevan tunnel.