ARMENIA'S DEFENSE MINISTER HEADS TO US
- YEREVAN. - Armenia's delegation, led by Defense Minister Seyran Ohanyan, on Monday left for the United States on a working visit.
In the state of Kansas—which is Armenia's partner—the delegation will met with the state's governor, Senate and House of Representatives speakers, and Adjutant General, MOD informed Armenian News-NEWS.am.
In Washington, D.C., Armenia's Defense Minister is scheduled to hold meetings with the US Secretary of Defense, Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Director, Deputy Secretary of Defense, and Deputy Secretaries of State. During the talks the parties will discuss the Armenian-American bilateral cooperation in the area of defense, and regional security issues.
Also, the delegation led by Armenia's Defense Minister is expected to meet with UN Secretary General's High Representative, and UN Secretary General's Acting Head of the Department of Peacekeeping Operations.
- 1750 First publication in Constantinople of the complete works of Narek, by Archbishop Minas, Patriarch of Jerusalem.
- 1857 Birth of Sheeram (Greegor Talian), troubadour, composer and one of the founders of the Armenian minstrel music genre.
- 1860 Birth of Vardges Soorenyants in Akhaltskha. He was an artist, translator, and fine-arts scholar.
- 1876 Birth of Hrachia Acharyan (linguist) in Constantinople. He died in 1953.
- 1887 Birth of Hovsep Orbeli (scientist) in Kutais. He died in 1961.
- 1920 Azeri Turkish forces attack Gharabagh.
- 1972 Creation of the Armenian News Agency (Armenpress).