© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1839 Hakobos Bishop Serobian was elected Patriarch of Constantinople. He led the movement against Protestantism and encouraged the national movement against the amira. He supported the Skyootar Gymnasium.
- 1870 Birth of Sargees (Sako) Hambardzoomian, long-time revolutionary, public figure, and physician. He died in 1944.
- 1879 Birth of doctor Varazdat Galanchian, major of the British Royal Army and founder of plastic surgery.
- 1924 Birth of Levon Khatsherian, linguist and Armenologist.
- 1931 Founding of the Yerevan City History Museum.
- 1940 Kirov's synthetic rubber factory (now called "Nairit") was created out of the Yerevan Carbide factory.
- 1944 The "Sassuntsi Davit" Tank Division is created with the help of Diasporan Armenians.
- 1946 The five-year plan (1946-1950) for the Armenian SSR is adopted.
- 1949 Trolley buses were first used in Yerevan.