KARINE' TO SHOOT HER FIRST VIDEO FEATURING SINGER RON CARROLL
- Belgian-Armenian singer Karine' (Karine Ohanian) has signed a contract with One Entertainment producing company and will release a CD by this summer. In an interview with Armenian News-NEWS.am Karine' said she would present her new video featuring singer Ron Carroll this April.
Congratulations. How many songs do you plan to produce with One Entertainment?
Thank you. This contract was really important for me. I plan to release four singles with One Entertainment, the company which is quite famous worldwide and is working with Atlantic Records in the U.S. The contract includes promotion worldwide and is not restricted by certain region. I am a maximalist - everything or nothing. I will have to leave for U.S. in several days to shoot the first video for our Love or curse song with Ron Carroll.
Will you have enough time to shoot the video? It usually takes long time.
Yes, it requires much time but it is decided that the preliminary version of the video should be ready in late March.
Do you write the songs?
I have written ten songs, I mean the lyrics. I choose the melody and together with my producer Guy Waku we do the arrangement of the song. According to One Entertainment, four out of ten songs will become real hits.
Saying hits, you mean world hits?
(Laughing) Each singer dreams of world hits, especially if he or she is an author of the song. I dream about it. I cannot praise or criticize my songs, they are like my children. However, the producers believe they will be a success in the U.S. Then, I may have fans in Europe and Asia.
How many songs will the CD include?
At least twelve, we plan to release it by summer. I know there is not much time but I will do my best. Finally, it is a big success, one should spare no effort to preserve it. Belgium is a European state but still it is very difficult to sign a contract with an international producing company living here. Before me, Belgian singer Stromae's song Alors on danse became a real hit.
Do you have any business proposals from the Belgian companies after signing a contract?
Yes, several famous brands offered me to be the face of their ad campaign. I have received an offer from Patrizia Pepe, one of fashion labels. I was also offered to be the face of a company producing candy and chocolate. Chocolate is considered a national treasure in Belgium and the mentioned company is one of the biggest.
You are also known as a model. Will you combine modeling and singing?
I love fashion but I think it will be hardly possible to continue my modeling career. However, being the face of a company or fashion brand is not so far from being a model.
About year and a half when I was making the first interview you told that you want to be famous outside of Belgium and Europe. You have reached it to a certain extent. What is the next goal?
First of all I must record my CD and then plan to give concerts all over the world. I said that I am a maximalist - everything or nothing.
- 1261 Treaty between the Byzantine Emperor Michael and the traders of Geneva (Italy). The successful Armenian traders of Smyrna are first mentioned in this treaty.
- 1797 Agha-Muhammad occupies Shooshee but is later killed there.
- 1809 The English-Persian agreement is signed. England promises to help Persia during the Russian-Persian war.
- 1817 Birth of Kerovbe Apenian in Constantinople, researcher of Classical Armenian, philologist, linguist, clergyman and member of the Mkhitarist Congregation.
- 1823 The Turkish-Persian reconciliation treaty was signed in Karin (Erzroom, Western Armenia). Bayazet is again ceded to Turkey.
- 1837 Senator Gun comes to Transcaucasia to examine the situation and to develop an outline for reforms.
- 1864 Birth of National ethnologist, archeologist, and ethnolinguist Yervand Lalayan in Gyoomree (formerly Alexandropol then Leninakan). He founded Armenian Ethnological Society and its museum.
- 1876 Birth of Aram Zardaryan in Sebastia. He was active in the American workers' movement. His remains were moved from the USA to Yerevan and laid in the City Pantheon.
- 1897 Birth of Yeghisheh Charents (writer) in Ghars (Western Armenia). He was murdered in 1937 by the Soviet Secret Police.
- 1907 Birth of engineer Sargis Tevosyan in Davalu (Ararat Region). He played a vital role in the development of Armenia's chemical industry. Kirovakan's Chemical College is named after him.
- 1955 Death of Dr. Artashes Abeghian.
- 1959 Death of Ashot Ter - Mkrtchyan, professor, mathematician, and mechanical engineer. He was prominent in science and technology.
- 1989 James Balyan was the first Armenian who flew in space on the "Discovery" spaceship. He was a doctor of medical sciences.