KHLOE KARDASHIAN ON ARMENIA-TURKEY RELATIONS
- Relations between Armenia and Turkey became one of the topics of Khloe & Lamar show aired on E! channel.
Khloe Kardashian and her husband, basketball player Lamar Odom, decided whether he should accept an offer to play in Turkey.
Khloe expressed concern that it will upset her Armenian fans. Her brother Robert also said it will be uncomfortable and weird for their family, while Kim Kardashian recalled debates over her appearing on the cover of a Turkish magazine.
"I do not want to offend anyone in my culture. I've been having a lot of thoughts about Turkey. Because I'm Armenian," she said.
- 1846 Opening of the Armenian Circus (the "Aram Theatre") in Constantinople.
- 1854 Birth of epidemiologist Margar Aroostamov (Aroostamian) in Shooshee.
- 1898 Birth of writer, literary figure, and artist Aram Yeremian in Marzvan (Western Armenia). He made a great contribution to further develop the art of Armenian minstrel songs.
- 1900 Birth of the founder of Armenian circus arts, the equilibrist Vagharshak Arzoomanyan.
- 1906 Birth of the scholar, professor and doctor of historical sciences, Hmayak Harootyoonian in Lamzkert (Van Province of Western Armenia). He studied medieval Armenian history.
- 1918 The Turkish army re-occupies Karin (Erzroom, Western Armenia).
- 1922 Representatives of the Central Executive Committees of Armenia, Georgia, and Azerbajan, meeting in Tbilissi (Georgia), create the Transcaucasian Federation.
- 1965 Opening of the National Assembly of Repatriated Armenians, in Yerevan's Spendiaryan Opera and Ballet Hall.
- 1966 Death of Norayr Seessakyan, biologist, public speaker, and professor.