ROCKSLIDE ON ARMENIAN REGIONAL HIGHWAY
- YEREVAN. - Armenia's Rescue Service received a distress call, on Friday, that a rockslide had occurred on the Dilijan-Vanadzor Highway, in the vicinity of Fioletovo.
A rescue squad was dispatched to the scene to asses the situation, the Rescue Service informed Armenian News-NEWS.am.
It became apparent that the rockslide had occurred from the hillside adjacent to the road, and as a result the traffic was rendered one way.
The Transport and Communication and the Urban Development ministries as well as the Lori Road Construction Company were informed of the incident.
The Company's crew partially cleared the Highway from the fallen rocks, and two-way traffic was restored. But road clearance will continue.
- 1832 Birth of Teegran Teteyan of the prominent Armenian family of Smyrna. He was a publisher, editor, translator and author of a Classical Armenian Grammar (written in modern Armenian) , an "Alphabet" and a "Reader".
- 1848 Fall of the semi-independent government of Khoshab.
- 1858 Death of Prince Barsegh Behbootyan (Vaseelee Beybootov) in Tbilissi. In the Crimean War, he became a hero and General.
- 1924 Opening of the Armenian Agricultural Bank.
- 1925 Death of Chris Fenerjian, one of the participants of the attempted assassination of the Sultan.
- 1926 Birth of conductor Aram Katanyan in Yerevan.
- 1928 Birth of author and psychologist Elda Green in Tbilisy.