ARMENIA'S INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT RESPONDS TO AIRLINE COMPANY'S STRIKE
- YEREVAN. - The "Armenia" International Airports Company released a statement in response to the strike which the Armavia Airline Company announced on Tuesday morning.
"The Armavia Airline Company today halted its service to the Yerevan-Moscow and Yerevan-Rostov flights, and announced to the passengers that the service is halted because of the [Armenian capital Yerevan's Zvartnots International] Airport's high prices. Being the national carrier, Armavia Company benefits from our company's special prices. Furthermore, [and] because of the accumulated debts, Armavia Company is prohibited to carry out flights toward Russia and enter Russian air space.
Our company negatively assesses Armavia Airline Company's inappropriate exploitation and [its] unfounded and false comments, and regrets that solely the national carrier has found itself in such situation," the "Armenia" International Airports Company's statement specifically reads.
To note, Armavia Airline Company's Press Secretary Nana Avetisova earlier told Armenian News-NEWS.am that the Company declared a strike. She also informed that the strike will continue unless Zvartnots Airport changed its price policy.
- 1857 Death of Rooben Papazian, linguist, teacher, literary and public figure. He was born in 1806, in Constantinople.
- 1894 Birth of one of the founders of the Armenian national ballet school, Ilia Arbatov (Yeghia Yaghoobian) in Tbilissi.
- 1905 Death of composer Makar Yekmalian. He was born in 1856.
- 1916 Signature of the Sykes-Picot Secret Pact between Great Britain and France. It dealt with the allocation of the Asian regions of the Ottoman Empire.
- 1921 Creation of the "Ararat" trust in Yerevan.
- 1924 Foundation of the Armenian State Central Archives by decree of Armenia's Central Committee. Now there are 3 million documents in our archive. The oldest document dates from 1630.
- 1926 Foundation of the first Sewing Factory in Yerevan.
- 1945 Lieutenant-colonel of the Guard, Nelson Stepanyan is awarded his second "Gold Star" medal. Because he is a two-time "Hero of the USSR" his bronze bust is to be placed before his residence.
- 1955 Fourth election of the Armenian SSR Supreme Council.
- 1974 During a meeting of the UN Human Rights Sub-Committee, the 1915 Genocide of the Armenians was recognized as the first Genocide fo the 20th century.
- 1992 Azeri Turk forces occupy Karanchi (Martakert, Artsakh).