FAMOUS ARMENIAN SINGER WAS ROBBED
- YEREVAN. - Famous Armenian singer Ruben Hakhverdyan has been robbed.
As information sources told Armenian News-NEWS.am, his mansion in Proshyan village was robbed several days ago.
The TV-set, recorder, clocks and other items were stolen.
As the press service of the Armenian Police informed, Hakhverdyan did not report to the police.
According to information we have got, his wife Nunufar Minasyan has reported to the police.
Armenian News-NEWS.am was not able to get in touch with the singer himself.
To note, Ruben Hakhverdyan currently lives in his apartment in Yerevan.
- 1862 Ter Harootyoonian publisheds the "Yeghbayraser" periodical until 1863, in Calcutta.
- 1873 Birth of writer Teodeek (Labchinchian) in Constantinople. He barely escaped from the Der Zor desert and lived under another name till the end of the First World War. Then he returned to his birthplace. His famous books are "Monument to April 24" and "Calendar for Everyone", which he finished in Paris.
- 1878 Birth of Zaruhi Dolukhanyan (singer). She died in 1936.
- 1920 Parade of the veterans of the defenders of Hatjin, Cilicia. Four battalions resisted Turkish aggression till the middle of October. The heroic battle of Hatjin is one of the bright pages in the history of our national struggle.
- 1924 Death of Vrooyr, actor, satirist, and founding editor of the "Hoosharar" periodical.
- 1959 Birth of Vazgen Sargsian, one of the leaders of the Artsakh War. He was Prime Minister of Armenia in June, 1999 and was assassinated in the Armenian National Assembly on 1999 10 27.
- 1991 Creation of the "Gharabagh Committee" of Russian intellectuals in Moscow. The purpose was the internationalization and just resolution of the Artsakh Problem.
- 1998 The Cypriot Parliament condemns the decision to desecrate the Makar Church (in the territories occupied by Turkey) by turning it into a hotel. The Turkish forces had devastated and pillaged it during Turkey's invasion of Cyprus in 1974.